Saturday, August 29, 2009

Do You Want some Toffees?

This squiggly looking wrapper is a toffee - a rich, yummy treasure that would put chocolate brands like Perk, Munch and KitKat to shame.





My colleague and friend, Palash (my son calls him Polaash) got this from his hometown in Dehradun. The shop that sells it is over fifty years old. Its popularity, I can easily guess.

I tasted this toffee and went straight to heaven (minus the calories, please)

Well, as Palash and Adi are great friends, Adi got a better deal than I did. He got 4 toffees! Now, of course, that's called discrimination but I forgive Palash for it:)

I had to content myself with the colorful, red wrapper that Adi gave me as a memento of sorts while he enjoyed the real thing, the toffee.

10 comments:

ritu said...

Hey Swapna I also just love these toffees

chitra said...

Petals I have awarded you with 2 blog awards for your good contribution . Visit my page and its yours.

Tofees I too love them. It's really a weakness for me.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

@Ritu: Thanks Ritu, I'm glad I've company!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Thanks so much, Chitra. The two awards mean a lot to me. It's a great honor. Thank you very much.

Petty Witter said...

I can't say I've ever tried Perk or Munch but your toffees would have to be really yummy to beat KitKat's. Mind you, you can get so many different versions of Kitkat now (Kitkat Chunky, Kitkat Caramel and so on)some nicer than others.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Thanks Petty, yes, these toffees are really yummy! You've got to taste it to believe it! Visit India soon:)

the rookie said...

Hmm Swapna, a box of toffees are confirmed from my end.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Thanks Rookie, I really appreciate that.

shivya said...

Yummy, these are the best toffees ever! I'm so tempted to get them now, but I'll have to wait a long time till I can get my hands on them :(

Naarya said...

oohhh..wish i cud taste them :(

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

India is my Country & my Pride