Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Indian Mithai: Visit Chitale Bandhu Mithaiwale in Pune

While I was in Pune, I heard a lot about the mango barfi at Chitale Bandhu Mithaiwale. I was told that it is a must-buy item to take back from Pune. I walked to the place, stopping to ask directions on the way to make sure I am on the right path and observing the young, vibrant crowd of college going boys and girls talking animatedly. 


So now you see that I was directed to this place. Everyone seemed to know where it was. I stepped in and there was a long queue of customers in the mango barfi counter. I bought two packets weighing half a kilo each.

Back home, my husband and my son really liked mango barfi. My son totally enjoyed it and knowing how food fussy he is, I was so glad to see his happiness. Perhaps the average Indian's love for food and sweet things comes from a longing to share happiness with loved ones.

What's the special food item in your city that you would recommend to those who are visiting your city for the first time?

4 comments:

Mom with a Dot said...

Enjoy the mithai's ! BTW, Hope you had a chance to check out the religious / spiritual posts on my blog. Its a coincidence those topics came up just after your comment :)

R. Ramesh said...

wonderful..next time when v meet v can all taste this also..hehe..spl wishes to hero aditya..

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by. Sure, I will check soon and share my thoughts on your blog.

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Thanks Rameshji!

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

India is my Country & my Pride