Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Power of Words

I was at work. Listening to songs on the iPod. Just like that, one song made me feel sad. Terribly sad. I updated my Facebook status, saying, "Sometimes, the pain of losing someone you loved deeply never goes away. It pops up out of the blue, just like that, when you do ordinary things, like when you listen to a song."

Instantly, I got different types of responses from friends on Facebook. They liked my quote. There were those who agreed with me. There were many who liked my update and probably felt that it echoed their sentiments. One friend responded by saying that my writing inspires him, whenever I write.

Power of words over music. I felt instantly uplifted. I went back to music, of course, and continue to work by writing. That, my dear friends, is my daily bread and butter. 

11 comments:

nivedita said...

Hi
Lovely!!
Yes!The pain of losing someone is very sad.
I know the pain. I am still searching for that love I lost.
Beautifully written, power of words over music!!! Yes. I feel good.

BK Chowla, said...

Yes it is. But ones reactions will also depend upon the circumstances

Readers Dais said...

so true

R. Ramesh said...

beautifully written ya..and hey...u r magnanimous in your encouragement..best wishes to u always..and party? well take bus route 503A from delhi to dubai along with mr sanand..i am waiting at the coffee shop on vivekananda road..:)

Being Pramoda... said...

Yeah.. its same with me too.. Music gives me may thoughts, when i need to pen down them, i have to take off the ear phones..:)

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

Thank you all for the warm thoughts you've shared. Feels good to be connecting my thoughts to the realms you are in.

Thanks again.

Bossy Betty said...

Sorry I have not been over sooner! You have a lovely blog. Thanks for much for your kind note and for becoming a follower too!

Raj - Only name sake !! said...

This is exactly in my mind now!

Great!! just simple sentence makes a lot of difference :)

dilontherocks said...

That is so true and I love it.
Back after a long time. How have u been?

Lawyer Loves Lunch said...

I agree! Music is crucial for a workday. I prefer 80's pop for a positive balance :)

Shafi said...

oooo oo :( Please dont remind my losed ones.

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

India is my Country & my Pride