Lord, thank you for your love and grace in every moment of my life and for finding me worthy of this award.
A big thanks to Nivedita for this Award. I don't know if I deserve it but you make me feel that I do.
You, the reader, helped me improve through every post. Your feedback and suggestions motivated me to write in the only manner that I know: from the heart. Thank you all for the love and patience. A big thanks to all my Twitter friends who have placed their trust in me and humbled me with their overwhelming support, friendship and acts of kindness.
As the rules for accepting this blog award make it necessary for me to share 7 facts about myself, here we go:
1. Kochi is my favorite city. It's in my soul 24X7.
2. I dislike certain traits in people such as dishonesty/corruption, boasting, constantly finding fault or being judgmental about others to camouflage their own faults, leading purposeless but extravagant lifestyles and taking advantage of friendships for wrongful reasons.
3. I worship Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba as the embodiment of absolute, pure, all-encompassing love. My dream is to be a volunteer in Puttaparthi and serve humanity with true, unconditional love just as I have seen Him do.
4. I wanted to be a singer and a script writer in Malayalam cinema but that never materialized.
5. The day I met Sanand, it changed my life forever and I am so grateful to God that I found someone who is so honest, hardworking, down-to-earth, family-oriented, and true to himself. I also think he's got the sexiest smile and eyes:)
6. English books, Malayalam music and friends are my weakness (and strength).
7. My Blogging and Twitter friends have changed my life and supported me at every phase. I can't thank them enough.
To the following bloggers, I want to pass this Award:
Nikhil: for his remarkable enthusiasm in pursuing every contest with unwavering confidence and passion. I think the post woke me up and taught me a lot about how we need to learn a lot from children and sometimes, the abandon with which we make decisions when we are children.
Tania: for her young and peppy posts and in particular, her passion to help others as is evident when she pitched in to help her sister deliver cookies for the RedCross for Haiti Relief
Divya: for her awesome Spinach Banana smoothie, that is power packed with the right nutrients and so are most of her posts! We gain nutritive value from them!
Jackie: for her lively and informative posts for parents of pre-schoolers. In particular, I loved her Scrap Box idea because it teaches me to save resources and use it creatively to teach something important or invaluable to my kid.
Sheela:for her creative posts, particularly the one on kid art and marbling techniques. I loved it.
AdukkakaVishesham: for the delicious, melting posts on the blog.
R's Mom: for sharing personal snippets from her daily life with total candor and it just brightens my day to know what's on her blog because it makes me feel connected to another busy mom.
Rules for accepting this award:
1) Thank the person giving the award
2) Copy the award to your blog
3) Place a link to their blog
4) Name 7 things people don't know about you
5) Nominate 7 bloggers
6) Place a link to those bloggers
7) Leave a comment letting those bloggers know about the award
So, congrats to the winners! My dear readers, tell me what I can do better to make things more peppy for you when you visit me.
Most importantly, thank you all and don't hesitate to let me know how you feel!